Struggling with Pride

"Father God, please guide me as I write this article based on Your Word. Help me to write this to glorify You, and let Your words bring clarity to those who seek You. May Your truth help people discern and embrace correct beliefs. I pray and seek everything in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen."



Hi there my Brothers and Sisters in Christ! Today, I want to talk about a sin that often goes unnoticed but has a profound impact on our spiritual lives—pride. I have earlier written an article on this topic. Pride is a subtle yet destructive force that can lead us away from God and create barriers in our relationships. My journey through this struggle has been challenging, but through God's grace, I have found the path to humility and spiritual growth.

Understanding the Gravity of Pride

Pride isn’t just a feeling of self-importance; it’s a deep-rooted sin that separates us from God. The Bible clearly warns us about the dangers of pride. Proverbs 16:18 states, “Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall.” This scripture emphasizes that pride leads to downfall and destruction, making it a sin we must confront and overcome.

The Impact of Pride

Pride can manifest in many ways—arrogance, self-righteousness, and a lack of empathy for others. For me, it began with small thoughts of superiority that grew into a mindset of self-importance. This led to strained relationships and a sense of isolation. The Bible speaks to this in James 4:6, “God opposes the proud but shows favour to the humble.” Realizing that my pride was causing a rift between me and God, I knew I needed to seek His help to cultivate humility.

Recognizing the Need for Change

My wake-up call came when I started losing meaningful relationships and felt a growing distance from God. I realized that my pride was not only hurting others but also hindering my spiritual growth. Proverbs 11:2 provided clarity: “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.” I began to pray for humility and wisdom, asking God to transform my heart.

Finding Humility in God's Grace

Overcoming pride is not something we can do alone; we need God's strength and guidance. Philippians 2:3-4 reminds us, “Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.” Through prayer, studying God's Word, and seeking His grace, I began to find the strength to humble myself and serve others with love.

Practical Steps to Overcome Pride

Prayer and Reflection: Regular prayer and reflection on God’s Word helped me understand the destructive nature of pride and seek God’s humility.

Accountability: Sharing my struggle with trusted friends and mentors provided support and accountability. They encouraged me to remain humble and serve others selflessly.

Serving Others: Engaging in acts of service and putting others' needs before my own helped me cultivate a heart of humility and compassion.

Seeking Forgiveness: When I failed, I sought forgiveness from those I hurt and from God. This act of humility helped me heal and grow in my faith.

Wrapping up

Struggling with pride is a battle many of us face, often silently. Though it may seem like a natural response to our achievements, its impact on our spiritual lives and relationships is profound. But there is hope. Through genuine repentance and reliance on God, we can overcome pride and live a life of humility and love. As Micah 6:8 reminds us, “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

Let us strive to humble ourselves before God and serve others with a heart of love and compassion. May we seek to live a life that honours God, knowing that true greatness is found not in self-exaltation but in humble service. Remember, God is with you every step of the way, guiding you toward a life of humility and spiritual growth.

Blessings to you all on your journey toward humility and spiritual maturity. Remember, God’s grace is sufficient, and He will lift you up as you walk humbly with Him.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.5

My Favourite Book in The Holy Bible

My Third Experience which I can't Explain by the Natural Laws - Testimony