Am I really called for His Kingdom?

"Father God, please guide me as I write this article based on Your Word. Help me to write this to glorify You, and let Your words bring clarity to those who seek You. May Your truth help people discern and embrace correct beliefs. I pray and seek everything in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen."




Hi there my Brothers and Sisters in Christ! In our walk with God, many of us face the daunting question: "Am I really called for His Kingdom?" This question can be deeply unsettling, especially when we witness others serving God with apparent ease and success. It's easy to be engulfed by feelings of inadequacy and guilt, believing we are unworthy of such a calling. This struggle is often described as the imposter syndrome, a psychological pattern where individuals doubt their accomplishments and have a persistent fear of being exposed as a "fraud."

The Struggle with Imposter Syndrome

For a long time, I grappled with these feelings. Whenever I saw others excelling in their ministry, leading worship, or making significant impacts in their communities, I felt a pang of envy and self-doubt. "Why them and not me?" I would wonder. This comparison often led to guilt and a sense of unworthiness, making me question if I was truly called to serve in God's Kingdom.

The Burden of Guilt

This guilt was heavy and pervasive. It whispered lies into my heart, telling me that my past sins and shortcomings disqualified me from God's service. I felt ashamed, believing that my small contributions were insignificant in the grand scheme of His plan. This constant comparison and self-criticism created a barrier between me and the peace that God intended for me.

God's Intervention

In the midst of my doubts, God reached out to me in ways I hadn't anticipated. Through prayer, scripture, and the encouragement of fellow believers, He reminded me of a profound truth: God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called. This revelation was liberating. It shifted my perspective from focusing on my inadequacies to embracing God's grace and sovereignty.

Overcoming Doubts

Here are some steps that helped me overcome my doubts and embrace my calling:

Prayer and Reflection: Spending time in prayer allowed me to connect deeply with God. It was in these quiet moments that He spoke to my heart, assuring me of His love and purpose for my life.

Scripture Meditation: Reading and meditating on scriptures like 1 Corinthians 1:26-29 and Ephesians 2:10 helped me understand that God chooses the weak and the humble to fulfill His purposes, and that we are His workmanship, created for good works.

Community Support: Engaging with a supportive Christian community provided encouragement and affirmation. Fellow believers reminded me of God's promises and helped me see my worth through His eyes.

Acceptance of Small Roles: I learned to appreciate that every role in God's Kingdom, no matter how small, is significant. Romans 12:4-8 teaches us that we all have different gifts and functions, and each one is vital to the body of Christ.

Trust in God's Plan: Trusting that God has a unique plan for me, even if it doesn't look like others', brought immense peace. Jeremiah 29:11 reassures us that God's plans are for our good, to give us hope and a future.

The Heart Matters

Ultimately, God looks at the heart, not the outward accomplishments. He values our willingness to serve, our love for Him, and our obedience over grand gestures or visible success. As 1 Samuel 16:7 states, "The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Wrapping up

If you're struggling with imposter syndrome, remember that God's calling is not based on your qualifications but on His grace. Embrace your unique role in His Kingdom, no matter how small it may seem. Trust that He will equip you for the work He has prepared for you. Your worth and calling are secure in Christ, who doesn't call the qualified but qualifies the called. Rejoice in the knowledge that God has chosen you, and let His love and purpose fill your heart.

May God's peace be with you as you embrace your calling.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.5

My Favourite Book in The Holy Bible

My Third Experience which I can't Explain by the Natural Laws - Testimony