The Greatest Gift from God is God Himself

"Father God, please guide me as I write this article based on Your Word. Help me to write this to glorify You, and let Your words bring clarity to those who seek You. May Your truth help people discern and embrace correct beliefs. I pray and seek everything in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen."



For most of my life, I viewed God as a wish granter. I approached Him with a list of needs and desires, treating Him as a celestial vending machine that dispensed blessings in response to my prayers. My relationship with God was transactional; I gave Him my reverence, and He granted my requests. I never knew Him deeper than that. I had a reverential fear of Him, compartmentalizing my life to keep my time with God separate from the rest of my existence. Little did I realize how much I was missing out on, and how this superficial relationship was causing me to suffer greatly.

In my ignorance, I kept God at arm’s length, not allowing Him to work in me. I was afraid of what He might ask of me, afraid of the changes He might bring. My life was filled with struggles, heartaches, and a sense of emptiness that I couldn’t quite pinpoint. I was going through the motions, living a segmented life where God was only a part of it, not the whole.

But God, in His infinite kindness and grace, never gave up on me. He patiently waited, gently nudging me to open my heart to Him fully. The greatest gift to humanity is undeniably Christ’s sacrifice on the cross, but lately, I have been realizing that God Himself is an even greater gift than that. This revelation has transformed my understanding and my relationship with Him.

I began to see God not just as a wish granter, but as a loving Father who desires an intimate relationship with His children. He is not just a deity to be feared but a friend to be cherished. God’s love for us is beyond comprehension, and His desire for us to know Him deeply is profound. He loves us so much that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins, but even beyond that, He gives us Himself.

One of the most awe-inspiring aspects of God’s love is that even when we continue to live in sin, we can still request His presence, and He honors it. This realization brought me to my knees. How could a perfect, holy God love a sinner like me so deeply that He would continue to draw near to me despite my flaws and failures?

Psalm 139:7-10 speaks to this incredible truth: "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." These verses reminded me that God’s presence is inescapable, and His love is relentless.

As I started to open my heart to God, allowing Him into every corner of my life, I began to experience a transformation. No longer did I feel the need to compartmentalize my life. Instead, I invited God into every aspect of it—my joys, my sorrows, my successes, and my failures. I allowed Him to work in me, to mold and shape me according to His will.

This was not an easy process. It required vulnerability, trust, and a willingness to surrender control. But the more I let go, the more I found myself enveloped in God’s love and grace. I discovered that His plans for me were far greater than anything I could have imagined. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." These words became a beacon of hope for me, guiding me through the uncertainties and challenges of life.

In this journey, I learned that the greatest gift from God is not the blessings He bestows, but His very presence in our lives. The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross opened the way for us to have a personal relationship with God, but it is God Himself who is the ultimate gift. His presence brings peace that surpasses all understanding, joy that is unspeakable, and love that is unconditional.

One of the most beautiful aspects of God’s presence is that it is available to everyone, regardless of their past or present circumstances. Romans 5:8 says, "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." This verse is a powerful reminder that God’s love is not contingent on our righteousness. He loves us despite our sins and invites us into a relationship with Him.

As I continue to grow in my relationship with God, I find myself continually in awe of His love and grace. I cannot stop adoring how much He loves a sinner like me. He meets me where I am, embraces me with open arms, and walks with me every step of the way. His presence is a constant source of strength, comfort, and guidance.

If you, too, have found yourself treating God as a wish granter, I encourage you to seek a deeper relationship with Him. Invite Him into every aspect of your life and allow Him to work in you. You will discover, as I have, that the greatest gift from God is God Himself. His love is transformative, His presence is life-changing, and His grace is boundless.

In the end, it is not the blessings we receive from God that matter most, but the intimate relationship we have with Him. The greatest gift from God is His unwavering presence in our lives, guiding us, loving us, and transforming us into the people He created us to be. May you experience this profound truth and be forever changed by the incredible love of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.5

My Favourite Book in The Holy Bible

My Third Experience which I can't Explain by the Natural Laws - Testimony