Am I Abandoned by God

"Father God, please guide me as I write this article based on Your Word. Help me to write this to glorify You, and let Your words bring clarity to those who seek You. May Your truth help people discern and embrace correct beliefs. I pray and seek everything in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen."



Hi there my Brothers and Sisters in Christ! My heart is heavy as I sit down to write this article. It's been a while since God has seen fit to bless me in the way that He used to, and it's left me feeling lost and uncertain about His presence in my life.

I know that many of you reading this may be going through something similar - a period where it feels like God's blessings have ceased. Maybe you've been praying for healing or provision, but it seems like nothing is happening. Or perhaps you've seen your ministry or business thrive, only to experience a sudden and inexplicable downturn.

As I navigate these uncharted waters, I'm reminded of the countless scriptures that speak to God's faithfulness and love in times of trial. But even with all the promises of His goodness, it's hard not to feel like He's abandoned me.

Life can often feel like a series of ups and downs. As Christians, we may sometimes find ourselves in the midst of a storm, questioning if God has truly deserted us. In this article, we will explore some comforting biblical principles that can provide reassurance during times of doubt.

The Blessings Have Stopped

It started with little things - a gentle touch from His Spirit, a whispered promise in my ear, a subtle nudge to take a step of faith. But over time, those quiet whispers have grown silent. The blessings that once flowed so freely through my life have slowed to a trickle, and now it seems like they've stopped altogether.

I know that this is not unique to me - many Christians face seasons where God's blessings seem to dry up. It's as if He's withdrawn His favour, leaving us feeling lost and uncertain about our future.

But God Remains Faithful

Even in the midst of this uncertainty, I'm reminded that God remains faithful. Despite my doubts and fears, He still loves me, still cares for me, and still wants to bless me. As 1 Corinthians 10:13 says, "No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.

And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear."

In times like these, it's easy to get caught up in our own strength and abilities - to try to fix the problem or find a solution on our own. But that's where we go wrong. As Psalm 127:1-2 says, "Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the watchman stays alert in vain."

The Blessings Were Never Ours to Begin With

I've been realizing lately that the blessings I thought were mine to begin with were never actually mine. They were always God's - His to give and take away as He sees fit. And when He decides to withdraw those blessings, it's not because we're not worthy or good enough; it's simply because He has other plans.

As Psalm 135:6 says, "Whatever the Lord pleases, that he does." Even in the midst of our struggles, God is still working out His sovereign will. And if we can learn to trust Him and rest in His goodness, even when things seem darkest, then we'll find true peace and contentment.

A Season of Humility

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be in this season of feeling like God's blessings have stopped. But I do know that it's been a season of humility - a time where I've had to confront my own pride and self-reliance, and instead seek Him with all my heart.

As James 4:8 says, "Come near to God and he will come near to you." And in Matthew 11:28-30, Jesus invites us to take His yoke upon us - to surrender our burdens to Him and learn to walk alongside Him. It's not always easy, but it's the only way we'll ever find true rest.

The Blessings Will Return

And then there are times when God decides to bless me once again in a big way. When those blessings return, I'm reminded of His goodness and faithfulness - that He is always working out His plan, even when things seem darkest.

As Psalm 30:5 says, "Weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." And in Galatians 6:9, Paul writes, "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

The blessings will return - maybe not when I want them to, or in the way that I expect. But God's goodness and faithfulness are always available, even when it feels like they're nowhere to be found.

1. Understanding God's Presence:

To begin addressing this concern, let's first define what it means for God to be present in our lives. The Bible assures us in Matthew 28:20, "And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the world." This verse highlights that God is omnipresent - always surrounding and supporting His creation.

So how do we reconcile feelings of abandonment with the promise of God's constant presence? It begins by acknowledging our emotions but then seeking to understand how they might be misleading us. Recognizing God's unchanging character can help us discern between our feelings and His unfailing love.

2. Examining Our Expectations:

As humans, we often have expectations for what our relationship with God should look like. Sometimes these expectations can clash with reality, causing us to doubt His presence in our lives. To avoid this, it's crucial that we align our expectations with the truth of Scripture.

One example of this alignment is found in Hebrews 13:5-6: "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses... As an example of how God cares for us." This passage reminds us that God understands and empathizes with our struggles, offering comfort and reassurance during trying times.

3. The Role of Faith:

Faith plays a significant role in trusting God's presence during difficult moments. Romans 8:38 assures us, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life... nor any other creation under the heavens can separate us from the love of God." This verse demonstrates that nothing - not even our trials and tribulations - can break God's bond with us.

In times of doubt or despair, we must lean on our faith to remind ourselves of God's unyielding love. By placing our trust in His promises, we create a foundation for hope and reassurance amidst the chaos.

4. The Importance of Community:

Finally, let us not forget the support network provided by our fellow believers. As Ephesians 4:32 encourages, "Be kind and compassionate to one another... For we share in Christ's sufferings." By sharing our struggles with others who understand and empathize with our journey, we create a community that can help dispel feelings of isolation or abandonment.

Wrapping up

The feeling of being abandoned by God is something many Christians experience at some point in their faith journey. However, by understanding His omnipresence, examining our expectations, practising faith, and relying on the support of Christian community, we can find reassurance amidst life's storms. Remember that you are never alone - God is always with you, guiding and loving you through every trial.

This article has been hard to write, but I hope it's helped you see yourself in these words - if only for a moment. If we can learn to trust God in the midst of our struggles, then we'll find true peace and contentment.

As Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever." And that truth gives me hope - not just for tomorrow, but for all eternity. May you walk with Him today.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.5

My Favourite Book in The Holy Bible

My Third Experience which I can't Explain by the Natural Laws - Testimony