The Revival

"Father God, please guide me as I write this article based on Your Word. Help me to write this to glorify You, and let Your words bring clarity to those who seek You. May Your truth help people discern and embrace correct beliefs. I pray and seek everything in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen."



Hi there my Brothers and Sisters in Christ! As I sit down to write this article, I am overwhelmed with emotion and conviction. I am reminded of the power of God's revival in our lives, churches, and communities. Revival is not just a theological concept; it is a tangible experience that can bring people together and transform lives.

In these uncertain times, we need revivals more than ever. The world around us may be falling apart, but with God's intervention, we can be the ones who hold it together. As the apostle Paul wrote in Ephesians 4:29-30, "Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption."


The Need for Revival

In today's church, there is a growing sense of complacency and apathy. We have become comfortable with our Sunday morning routines and have forgotten the passion and fire that once drove us to serve God with all our hearts. As Jesus said in Matthew 22:37-40, "Love the Lord

your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And a second is like it: 'Love your neighbour as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

But revival is not just about us; it's about God. It's about His desire to be close to us, to speak through us, and to use us to bring others closer to Him. As Isaiah wrote in 64:1-3, "Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down! That the mountains might quake at your presence—as when fire kindles brushes—because of your fierce zeal among those who have given themselves over to sin. For You will be a refuge for those who are weary and a shelter from the storm."


The Characteristics of Revival

So, what does revival look like? Is it just a sudden burst of emotional excitement or is it something more? According to 2 Chronicles 7:14, "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

Revival is characterized by:

Humility: We must be willing to put aside our pride and acknowledge our need for God.

Prayer: Revival begins with prayer. It's the language of heaven, and it's the key to unlocking God's power in our lives.

Seeking God's face: We must seek God's presence and His guidance in every aspect of our lives.

Repentance: Revival requires us to turn away from our sin and towards God's mercy.

As David wrote in Psalm 51:10-12, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, that I may learn from you."


The Power of Revival

Revival is not just about individuals; it's about communities coming together to seek God's face. As Acts 2:4-5 says, "All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke freely, as the Spirit gave them utterance. And there were more than seventy-five thousand people in attendance."

When revival comes, it brings:

Unity: Revival brings people together, regardless of their differences.

Passion: Revival ignites a fire in our hearts that cannot be extinguished by anything.

Mission: Revival gives us a sense of purpose and mission to reach the world for Christ.

As Jesus said in John 14:12-13, "I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And you know that I will do anything he asks of me."


The Call to Revival

So, what can we do to experience revival in our lives and communities? Here are a few practical steps:

Pray: Start by praying for yourself, your church, and your community.

Read God's Word: Read the Bible daily and seek guidance from its pages.

Seek God's face: Make time to seek God's presence in your daily life.

Repent: Turn away from sin and towards God's mercy.

As Hosea wrote in 10:12, "Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love; plant justice, pluck up the weeds. Seek him who wilfully strays, and I will return to you, says the Lord Almighty."

Wrapping up

Revival is not just a theological concept; it's an experience that can transform our lives and communities. It's a reminder of God's power and His desire to be close to us. As we seek God's face, pray for revival, and turn away from sin, we can experience the fire that ignites a movement.

Let us cry out to God with all our hearts, "Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down!" Let us seek His presence in every aspect of our lives. And let us be the ones who bring revival to our communities, just as Jesus said in Matthew 9:38, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few."

Revival is coming; it's a matter of when, not if. Will you be ready?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.5

My Favourite Book in The Holy Bible

My Third Experience which I can't Explain by the Natural Laws - Testimony