Inspiring Characters from Bible: 1 - Jacob

I am excited to introduce a new series of articles titled "Inspiring Characters from Bible." This collection showcases a different writing style, and I am eager to share these stories with you. As a child, I heard these tales in Tamil, my mother tongue, from my grandfather (a remarkable man of God) and other elders in my community. The vivid imagery that these stories evoked in my mind as a young child, coupled with the lasting impact they had on my Christian life as an adult, has inspired me to share them with you.

I initially wrote these stories in Tamil and then translated them into English. As a result, you may notice a variation in my writing style. I must confess that I thoroughly enjoy writing in this manner, as it transports me back to the happiness of my childhood and the cherished memories of those early years.



The Amazing Change in Jacob: From Fighter to Friend of God

Have you ever heard of Jacob? He's a guy from the Bible who had a pretty wild journey. At first, Jacob was known for being sneaky and tricky. He liked to get what he wanted by bending the rules. But then something big happened that changed everything.

One night, Jacob got into a wrestling match with someone. But get this—it wasn't just any old wrestling match. It was with God Himself! Imagine that! They wrestled all night long, and Jacob wouldn't let go until he got a blessing.

Even though Jacob ended up with a sore hip, he wouldn't give up. He wanted something special from God, and he wasn't going to stop until he got it. Finally, God gave Jacob a new name: Israel. It means "someone who struggles with God but wins."

This whole wrestling thing might sound strange, but it's actually a big deal. It's like Jacob's way of saying, "Hey, I'm not going to do things my way anymore. I want to do things your way, God." It's a bit like when you realize you've been doing something wrong and decide to change your ways.

From that moment on, Jacob wasn't the same person. He started to trust God more and rely on Him for help. He stopped being so sneaky and started being more honest and kind. Jacob's journey shows us that even if we've made mistakes, it's never too late to change.

So, what can we learn from Jacob's story? Well, for starters, prayer isn't about getting what we want from God. It's about talking to Him and asking for His help. It's about letting Him change our hearts so we can become more like Him.

Jacob's journey from being a tricky guy to a friend of God is pretty amazing. It reminds us that no matter who we are or what we've done, God is always ready to welcome us with open arms. All we have to do is ask for His help and trust Him to guide us on the right path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.5

My Favourite Book in The Holy Bible

My Third Experience which I can't Explain by the Natural Laws - Testimony