Jesus Will Never Walk Away from You

"Father God, please guide me as I write this article based on Your Word. Help me to write this to glorify You, and let Your words bring clarity to those who seek You. May Your truth help people discern and embrace correct beliefs. I pray and seek everything in the name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Amen."



Hi there my Brothers and Sisters in Christ! Have you ever felt so overwhelmed with emotion that you couldn’t even pinpoint the reason behind your tears? I found myself in that place once, where everything around me seemed to trigger a deep, unexplainable sadness. The weight of the world pressed down on me, and I felt utterly alone. I started believing the lies of the enemy—that I was unworthy, that I was too far gone, and worst of all, that even Jesus had abandoned me.

In my desperation, I tried to fill the void with anything I could find. I watched countless motivational videos, hoping to find something that would lift me out of my despair. But nothing could touch the depth of my pain. I felt like I was drifting farther and farther away from God, and I began to wonder if I could ever make my way back to Him.

One day, I stumbled upon a sermon by Pastor Gersson Edinbaro. His words pierced through the fog that had clouded my mind. He said something that struck me deeply: “Jesus never walks away. Jesus walks behind you, no matter how far you feel you’ve walked away from Him.” Those words were like a beacon of hope in my darkness, and I found myself sobbing uncontrollably, overwhelmed by the realization that Jesus had never left my side.

As I reflected on this truth, I was reminded of the story of Peter—a man who knew what it was like to fall, to fail, and to feel unworthy of Jesus’ love. Peter was one of Jesus’ closest disciples, yet in the moment of greatest pressure, he denied knowing Jesus three times. In Luke 22:61-62, after Peter’s third denial, “The Lord turned and looked straight at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word the Lord had spoken to him: ‘Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.’ And he went outside and wept bitterly.” Peter was devastated by his failure. He had walked with Jesus, seen His miracles, and yet, in his weakest moment, he denied even knowing Him.

Peter’s story could have ended in that bitter weeping, in the overwhelming guilt and shame. But Jesus didn’t walk away from Peter. After His resurrection, Jesus sought Peter out. In John 21:15-17, we see a beautiful moment of restoration. Jesus asked Peter three times, “Do you love me?” Each time, Peter affirmed his love, and Jesus responded, “Feed my sheep.” Through this, Jesus not only forgave Peter but also reinstated him, showing that His love and purpose for Peter were never dependent on Peter’s perfection.

This story resonated with me so deeply because, like Peter, I have failed. I’ve denied Jesus, not in words but in actions, in turning away from Him when I should have clung to Him. I’ve listened to the enemy’s lies that told me I was unworthy, that I was too far gone. But Jesus, in His infinite mercy, never walked away from me. Just as He sought out Peter, He sought me out, walking behind me, waiting for me to turn back to Him.

In Deuteronomy 31:8, we are reminded, “The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” This verse became a lifeline for me. It reminded me that Jesus is always there, even when I feel lost, even when I feel like I’ve walked too far away. His love is steadfast, His commitment to us unshakable.

When Pastor Gersson Edinbaro said, “Jesus walks behind you, no matter how far you felt you walked away from Him,” it was like a light switched on in my heart. Jesus is not just with us in our moments of strength or when we’re walking closely with Him. He is with us in our brokenness, in our failures, in our moments of deepest despair. Just as He did not abandon Peter, He does not abandon us.

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 8:38-39). Nothing—not our sins, not our failures, not our wandering—can separate us from Jesus’ love. He is always there, walking beside us, ready to welcome us back with open arms.

Peter’s story is a powerful reminder that Jesus never gives up on us. Even when we stumble, even when we fall, He is there, ready to restore us. His question to Peter, “Do you love me?” is the same question He asks us. And like Peter, our answer doesn’t have to be perfect. It just has to be honest. Jesus doesn’t need us to be flawless; He just wants our hearts.

If you find yourself in a place where you feel distant from God, where you’ve believed the lies that you’re too far gone, remember Peter’s story. Remember that Jesus never walks away. He is walking behind you, waiting for you to turn back to Him. His love is relentless, His grace unending, and His arms are always open.

When I look back on those dark days, I realize that Jesus was with me all along. He was waiting for me to stop running, to stop listening to the enemy’s lies, and to turn back to Him. And when I did, I found not judgment, but mercy; not rejection, but love.

So, if you’re struggling today, if you feel like you’ve walked too far away, know this: Jesus will never walk away from you. Like the Good Shepherd, He will leave the ninety-nine to find you. He will walk behind you, patiently waiting for the moment when you turn around and fall into His arms. And when you do, you will find a love that never fails, a grace that is greater than all your sin, and a Saviour who will never let you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2.5

My Favourite Book in The Holy Bible

My Third Experience which I can't Explain by the Natural Laws - Testimony